Inspired by the Ekiden runners of Japan who take part in a two-day relay race, the Nike Zoom Rival Fly 2 has the look of speed complimented by the propulsion of Zoom air.
The forefoot of the Nike Zoom Rival Fly2 has a Zoom Air unit to provide responsive propulsion through the stride. While the feel of soft foam creates a cushioned feel underfoot. Flex grooves run underneath the foot to provide increased flexibility and to optimise the toe off.
The upper blends mesh with synthetics to gain the optimal levels of breathability and strength. The colour treatments of this shoe, and the entire collection nod to the two-day relay race from Tokyo to Hakone and back again. The mountainous landscape and bullet train give inspirations while subtle Nike graphics in Japanese finish the look.
- Forefoot flex grooves optimize toe-off.
- Engineered mesh and synthetic upper blends lightweight breathability with durability.
- An internal fitband surrounds the midfoot, working with the lacing system like a seat belt for your foot.
- Foam provides soft, smooth cushioning.
- Durable rubber crash pad on the heel helps absorb footstrike impact.
- Small lugs in wave-like patterns enhance traction.</div>